We want you on our team!
Firstly, a warm welcome back to the website. We apologise for it being down for so long - a series of complications and tech-gremlins stopped us getting it back as quickly as we'd like! We're looking forwards to bringing you up to speed.
Secondly, we're looking for dynamic and enthusiastic individuals to join us as Team Managers. These individuals are a vital part of any team, taking on responsibility for the welfare of the athletes and the management of the team.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to effectively liaise with athletes, coaches and administrators
• Strong organisational skills
• Sound knowledge of the selection procedures and rules/regulations of the competition
• Current DBS – A DBS check is a record of a person's criminal convictions and cautions – carried out by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
• Have the ability to attend weekend events.
• Previous management of a team
• First Aid certificate
Responsibilities and Duties – A Checklist for Consideration
The Team Manager has a variety of responsibilities. Some areas to consider when managing a Team include:
• Assist in arranging Squad camps and attending these to create the sense of Team.
• Liaising with all team members, parents, coaches and officials to ensure the athletes are appropriately dressed and informed of training, competition and travel
• Adjudicating any problems that may arise amongst team members, parents, the coach and supporters
• Acting as liaison officer between the Badminton Wales and the team
• Ensuring all equipment is safe, the first aid kit is ready for use and the players have their own drink bottle
• Ensuring all welfare and safety requirements for the team are met.
• Athletes under 18 years must be supervised at all times. It is extremely important that all team managers are aware of relevant policies including:
o Safe-Guarding of Children Policy
o Code of Conduct
o Code of Ethics and Behaviour
• Drawing up a parent’s roster for timekeeping, scoring or transport to away games
• Ensuring all players remain together at the competition and support each other whilst they are representing the club
• Receiving money from players for fees, fundraising and other possibilities. Providing a receipt for this money, issuing a receipt to the
player or parent and handing the money to the treasurer as soon as possible.
• Fundraising activities to support the cost of the event in order to minimise expenses for the athletes.
• Liaise with BW Social Media manager and channels when at National Squad Training and Team Events
For more information and to apply, click here .